Clearing out of the blighted areas is necessary for a place to grow to create room for development. The County Government of Laikipia for years has been working to make sure that this is always happening through putting up measures and strategies that have resulted in urban revolutionary aided by urban planning mechanisms that have led to more investors coming to Laikipia. The urban planning mechanisms put in place include:
- Strategic Urban Planning – plots of land which can’t be developed right now but could be at some point in the future.
- Land-use planning – the process of regulating the use of land by the County Government of Laikipia.
- Urban revitalization – a set of initiatives aimed at recognizing an existing city structure, particularly in a neighborhood in decline due to economic or social reasons.
- Master planning – a dynamic long-term planning document that provides a conceptual layout to guide future growth and development.
- Environmental planning – this comes up with a win-win situation for society and the environment.
Principles under environmental management include:
- The polluter pay principle.
- User pay principle.
- The principle of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Principle of participation.
- The principle of responsibility.
- The precautionary principle.
- Principle of proportionality.
- Strategic environmental planning – a systematic decision support process, aiming to ensure that environmental and possibly other sustainability aspects are considered effectively in policy, plan, and program making.
- Economic development programs.Policies or activities that seek to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for a community. The consideration of the businesses start-up requirements to moderation and public awareness of business gaps by the County Government has supported economic development extensively.
The drastic revolution of Laikipia County over the years has attracted a lot of people to invest and reside in it accumulating economic benefits as well as unleashing its potential, keeping it on the move.