LCDA is a special purpose vehicle for promoting investments in Laikipia County as the one-stop gateway into Laikipia. It was established by an act of Laikipia County assembly of 2014.
Mandate\Role of LCDA
- To co-ordinate the Laikipia County development efforts.
- Provide advice to county ministries.
- Back-stop the county policy-making organs and agencies.
- Act as the county lead in promoting investment in Laikipia as the “one-stop gateway into Laikipia”
To make Laikipia the greatest county with the best quality of life.
To shape the future of Laikipia by making it easy to do business in the County, and making strategic investments to raise productivity and earnings of farmers and small businesses. This mission is consistent with the County’s mission “to enable every household in Laikipia County leads a prosperous life”.
Core values are the ideal and enduring principles that fortify an organization’s performance and culture. LCDA shall embrace and be guided by the following core values:
- Synergy: alignment with line departments’ work-plans to avoid duplication and/or conflicts.
- Partnerships: with the private sector, government agencies, and development partners/donors.
- Innovation: to optimize value for money and impact on the lives of Laikipia
- Professionalism: to become an employer and partner of choice.
- Integrity: will be honest, transparent, and accountable to all stakeholders.