The Ultimate Rewilding Experience
El Karama Lodge is an intimate, owner-operated, award-winning lodge built by one of Africa’s most gifted wildlife sculptors Murray Grant. Specializing in sustainable travel, adventure and wildlife safaris, we welcome families and small groups who love the natural world and who care about their impact on this planet. Winners of Kenya’s Prestigious Eco Warrior Award for our commitment to environmental good practice and sustainability, this lodge contributes directly to conservation in Laikipia.
The perfect African safari destination with complete privacy in the wild. We are located in the heart of a 14,000 acre private wildlife conservancy in Laikipia, Kenya’s most diverse wildlife region. Home to several endemic and endangered species, Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Hippo, Aardwolf and many other mammals, birds, insects and plants, the views are far reaching, the landscapes incredibly beautiful and the experience unforgettable.
- Laikipia’s first Bush School for Kids on Safari
- Guided Walking activities: Long Walking, Short Walks, Bird Walks
- Adventure fly camping in tree tents, bell tents and domes
- Bush meals including Brunch by the waterfall and Dinner under the stars at the Hippo Pool
- Game Drives/Night Drives
- Conservation Activities: The Leopard Mirrors, Ranger walks, Wildlife Monitoring, Tree planting
- Organic Farm to Fork food
- Open Fire Cooking
- Farm and organic shamba visits
- Horse Riding
- Rock Climbing
+254 702 996 902